The easiest recipe currently available on our site. Honestly, it will take you 5 minutes to make.
Hummus is essentially a (secretly Vegan) dip made using blended chickpeas as a base, then ingredients like tahini, lemon juice and garlic are added to create that unique taste we’ve all grown to love. This is especially good in the summer months, outside in the sun with a picnic full of nibbles. We can honestly say you won’t want to buy store bought hummus ever again when you realise just how easy, and how delicious it can be. So go on, give it a go – you won’t be disappointed!
p.s. just remember you need a food processor/blender to make this! If you don’t have one, it is a kitchen essential! Invest in a good one – my mum’s Kenwood processor is older than I am and still going strong.
Quick and Easy Hummus
- Food Processor (Or Blender if you don't have a processor)
- Rubber flexible spatula (optional)
- 1 400g Tin Chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1/3 tsp Garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt flakey Maldon Salt is best
- 1 tbsp Tahini stir before use
- 30-50 ml Water 30ml for thicker / 50ml for loose
- 1 Sprinkle Paprika
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add all the ingredients minus the water into a food processor and blendNote - it will go very thick.
- Use a spatula to scrap the hummus down the sides back to the bottom and blend again.
- Whilst blending, start adding the water through the opening in the top of the lid. Stop adding water when your desired consitency is reached. Top Tip - We find 50ml createsa. lovely consitency.
- Once fully blended, scrape into some tupperware, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Eat immediantely or keep in the fridge and use within a 2-3 days.
- Let the food processor do all the work. Throw everything in minus the water.
- Blend first without the water, then scrape the bits off the sides of the processor and blend again whilst adding the water. Adding the water during blending will enable you to monitor the thickness / consistency. If you like it a bit thicker, stop when you like the look of it. Alternatively if you like it looser, add more water.
- The olive oil and paprika are totally optional.